Saturday, August 6, 2011

More sights at John Muir Park


Finding treasures!






Taking a moment to step away from the busy tasks that make the world go round, that is the MUST that we need to do.



        Bob and I chose the John Muir Park near Portage, Wisconsin as our "step away" from our projects. As we walked the Ice Age Trail, the butterflies are in abundance.  I am snapping pictures, so to be sure to have record of my sightings, to have in my home as beauty & inspiration.   It was a wonderful feeling to have my skin absorbing the suns rays(enriching my body with Vitamin D) and  sweating out any toxins to help cleanse.   
Black Swallowtail Butterfly on a Compass Plant

I took full advantage of the pond scene to show off the Frog Accent that I recently finished.  The Frog stands at 13" tall and is 15" wide.  It is most adorable on a wall.


On the "Telling Card" that comes with the Frog Accent, is a short explanation /meanings from a frog.




 A creature of land and water, their metamorphosis through life is   telling...
Teaches us to find opportunities in transition.
Often thought to be the communicator between Mother Earth & humans.
Symbols;  luck, intuition, fertility, transformation and opportunity


I design the pattern for all my cut-outs and have them cut-out on a  Plasma Cutter.  I grind and finish them - then they are powder coated. The shimmer from the silver coating on this wall frog play well with the 
sparkle from the assortment of glass beads.

The hanging frog mobile Accent on the left has a copper metallic coating with a metallic shimmer accenting the glass beads. On the right is a frog with the black bronze metallic coating, the two colors have a fun contrast with each other.  
 Dimensions;  8 1/2"W x 7"H, overall hangs 20" 


Our next Art Show is the Wine & Harvest Festival in Cedarburg, Wisconsin. (Sept. 17th & 18th, 2011)
Bob & I also have our Art in the Princess Potosa Gallery in Potosi, Wisconsin and
the Cottage Garden Gallery of the Janesville Rotary Gardens in Janesville, Wisconsin.


INSPIRATION IN YOUR DAILY LIFE CAN COME FROM ANYWHERE...


No comments:

Post a Comment